Wednesday 11 April 2012

How Many People Has Castro Killed?



"Castro is Our Hitler" -- The Duck Of Minera

Last Friday, April 6, Time magazine published controversial excerpts from an interview with Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen:

"I love Fidel Castro," Blurts Ozzie Guillen, the new manager of the Miami Marlins, in his Jupiter, Fla., spring-training office before an early-March team workout....After a second of reflection, the most unfiltered figure in baseball, if not sports, wants a do-over. "I respect Fidel Castro," says Guillen, a Venezuela native who also says he respects Hugo Chavez. "You know why? A lot of people have wanted to kill Fidel Castro for the last 60 years, but that mother------ is still here."

Those remarks set off something of a firestorm in Miami, where a very large Cuban-American community resides. Cubans may love baseball, and Ozzie Guillen may have been hired to appeal to the local Latino community, but expressing admiration for Castro is the dangerous third rail of Florida politics. And because Florida is important in national politics, American politicians frequently bow to the Cuban American community's concerns.

Read more ....

My Comment: Regular readers of this blog know that my nationality is Russian .... and it is during times like this that I always remember what my father (a former communist himself) told me when he settled down in Canada.

.... Son .... there are more communists and communist sympathizers in North America than in the entire Soviet Union.

And he is right. The "stupid (but useful) idiots" who fawn over brutal dictators like Castro and his ilk .... while ignoring the destruction and havoc that they have caused .... has always caused me to shake my head because I know what it is like to live in such a society .... being one who has lived in it for a good portion of my life.

My only advice to Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen is to go out and meet a few of those who knows what it is like to live under Fidel Castro's paradise .... and try to convince them that they are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment